01 Dec 2021
$111+ Million Development to Revitalize East Point Downtown Commons
- East Point to Host Press Conference Announcing East Point Commons Development Project.
- “The Commons” will sit on an approximately nine-acre site that will include commercial, retail, residential, greenspace, and public art.
08 Nov 2021
Remington Firearms to Locate Global Headquarters, Open New Advanced Manufacturing Facility, World-class Research, and Development Center in LaGrange
- Remington Firearms (RemArms), America’s oldest firearms manufacturer, will locate its global headquarters and a new advanced manufacturing operation in LaGrange, Georgia.
- RemArms will invest $100 million and create 856 jobs over a five-year period in Troup County.
28 Oct 2021
SK Group to Locate First of its Kind Glass-based Semiconductor-part Venture in Covington
- SK Group subsidiary company, SKC, and several business partners will invest more than $473 million and create more than 400 new jobs in Newton County.
- This new facility located at 3000 SKC Drive in Covington will ramp up production by late summer 2023 and will primarily be hiring high-tech engineers, skilled technicians, and other semiconductor field-experienced talent.
01 Oct 2021
Georgia Earns ‘Top State for Doing Business’ for 8th Consecutive Year
At a grand-opening event in Columbia County for Amazon’s newest robotics facility in the Peach State, Governor Brian P. Kemp today announced that Georgia has earned the “Top State for Doing Business” title for the eighth year in a row from Area Development.
“We’re proud to accept the title of Top State for Doing Business from Area Development for the eighth year in a row,” said Governor Kemp.
20 Aug 2021
Georgia To Welcome Target Supply Chain Facility
- Partnership Gwinnett announced that it will welcome Target to Lawrenceville, as the retailer plans to open a new supply chain facility in Georgia.
- Target is moving into a 367,060-square-foot new construction supply chain facility located at 2520 Riverside Parkway, Lawrenceville, Georgia, 30046.