30 Sep 2022
Georgia Named No. 1 for Business for Unprecedented 9th Year
- Georgia has been named by Area Development magazine as the No. 1 state for business for the ninth consecutive year. No other state has earned this distinction for so many years.
- “Thanks to our world-class infrastructure, award-winning workforce training programs, pro-business environment, and most of all our hardworking Georgians, the Peach State is a national leader in the assets job creators look for when deciding where to start, grow, and sustain a thriving business,” said Governor Kemp.
15 Sep 2022
Global Agriscience Manufacturer to Invest $35M in Jasper County
- Profile Products, a global agriscience technology company specializing in the research, development, and manufacturing of highly engineered, specialty materials designed to enhance and protect the natural environment, will invest nearly $35 million, creating 80 new jobs.
08 Sep 2022
Georgia-based Troy Acoustics Expanding, Investing $40M in Thomas County
- 88 new jobs that will be created, the company will also retain the 17 positions it currently supports.
- “Innovative companies like Troy Acoustics are what make Georgia a unique and diverse state to do business, and we are excited to welcome one of the only manufacturing facilities of its kind in the U.S.,” said GDEcD Commissioner Pat Wilson.
06 Sep 2022
The City of Sylvester’s Leadership team begins Strategic Planning
- In early 2022 the city’s leadership team, including the city council and department heads, began the Edge Development program with a series of educational programs that provided best practices in utility enterprise operations and community development.
- “We are excited to move into the planning stage of Edge Development with so many of our city and county partners. Each brings a perspective to the planning table that affords the greatest opportunity for success,” says Autron Hayes, Sylvester City Manager.
16 Jun 2022
Governor Kemp Announces Purchase of Middle Georgia Megasite in Peach County
- The Middle Georgia Megasite purchase is in partnership with the State of Georgia and the Development Authority of Peach County. The site includes four parcels of land, of which approximately 1,100 acres are developable .
- The purchase will be made using proceeds from the sale of the Chatham County Economic Development Site, which was purchased by Amazon in 2021 for a new major distribution facility.