14 Jun 2022
Industry-leading Vertical Farming Company to Put Down Roots in Newton County
- 80 Acres Farms, an industry-leading vertical farming company, will create 150 new jobs, and a $120 million investment in Covington, Georgia.
- Its super-efficient vertical farms produce up to 300 times as much food per square foot as traditional farms, using 95 percent less water per pound of produce and minimizing food miles and waste.
20 May 2022
Hyundai Motor Group to Invest $5.54 Billion in Georgia at First Fully Dedicated Electric Vehicle and Battery Manufacturing Facility
- Hyundai Motor Group (HMG, or “the Group”) will open a state-of-the-art U.S. smart factory at the Bryan County Megasite.
- Non-affiliated Hyundai Motor Group suppliers will invest approximately another $1 billion in the project, delivering approximately 8,100 new jobs to Georgia’s coastal region.
13 May 2022
Procter & Gamble to Create 350 New Jobs with $205 Million New Facility in Butts County
- The $205 million investment in a new distribution facility in Jackson, Georgia, will be more than 1 million square feet once completed.
- The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) specializes in a wide range of personal healthcare and hygiene products. P&G also operates a manufacturing facility in Albany and a distribution center outside Atlanta.
05 May 2022
Georgia-based Nutrition Nonprofit MANA Nutrition Breaks Ground on $36 Million Expansion in Fitzgerald
- MANA which produces ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) to fight global malnutrition, celebrated breaking ground on an expansion of their Ben Hill County facility, with more than $36 million in investment.
- “It’s great to see the amazing work done by hardworking Georgians in Ben Hill County,” said Governor Kemp.
12 Apr 2022
Ecopol to Establish Manufacturing Plant, North America Headquarters in Spalding County
Governor Brian P. Kemp today announced that sustainability-focused Ecopol, a European leader in the production of biodegradable PVA film, will invest more than $38 million and create 130 new jobs at the company’s first North American facility in Spalding County.(more…)