- Business Friendly
- GRAD Program
- Energy & Utilities
Georgia continues to attract successful companies thanks to its pro-business environment, which includes a talented workforce, world-class infrastructure, competitive tax structure, unparalleled access to the world market, a variety of energy options, and quality of life that can’t be beat. In fact, the state has ranked number one in Site Selection Magazine’s annual survey of business climates for eight years in a row.
PRO-BUSINESS TAX STRUCTURE
One of the biggest draws to Georgia is its single-factor corporate tax apportionment. The state’s 6% corporate income tax rate helps keep the state competitive and only applies to the portion of income that is earned in Georgia. Learn more about Georgia’s tax structure and incentives, on our tax incentives page.
REAL ESTATE COSTS
Georgia’s real estate market is ideal for companies looking to expand or relocate. From GRAD approved, shovel-ready sites to data center-ready locations, there are plenty of options available to businesses looking to call the Peach State home.
When considering expansion and relocation options, Georgia simply can’t be beat. But don’t take our word for it. Site Selection Magazine details all the reasons Georgia has ranked number one for business climate eight years running.
- No. 1 state for business (Site Selection Magazine: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013)
- No. 1 state for business (Area Development Magazine: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
- No. 1 overall cost of doing business, competitive labor environment, workforce training program, available real estate, and corporate tax structure (Area Development 2021)
- No. 10 best state for business, No. 7 economy, and no. 3 workforce (CNBC 2022)
- No. 8 corporate tax climate (Tax Foundation 2022)