21 Mar 2023
15 Mar 2023
Scott Berta Joins ECG as Manager of Industrial Development
ECG’s Office of Economic and Community Development is excited to announce that Scott Berta has been named Manager of Industrial Development. With his experience in economic development and business, we are confident that he will bring fresh ideas and perspectives to help grow Georgia and support our member communities.
23 Feb 2023
Idea Nuova Inc. to Invest $19 Million in Screven County
- Idea Nuova, Inc., through its subsidiary American Home Manufacturing, will invest over $19 million in a new manufacturing and distribution facility in Sylvania, creating an estimated 80 new jobs.
- Headquartered in New York City, Idea Nuova designs, sources, manufactures, and markets premium home textiles and furnishings. The 400,000-square-foot facility is strategically located to service Idea Nuova’s customers in the Southeast.
31 Jan 2023
SK Battery America Exceeds Hiring Goal, On Track to Reach 3,000 Workers
- SK Battery America (SKBA) has exceeded its hiring goal of 2,600 employees two years ahead of schedule for its two lithium-ion battery manufacturing facilities in Commerce, Georgia.
- The company announced its first project in Georgia in 2018, with an initial planned investment of $1.6 billion. Since 2019, the company has invested $2.6 billion to build two battery manufacturing facilities supplying electric vehicles.
30 Jan 2023
A Partnership For Georgia Energy Cities
fyi – GA’s Energy Cities at Work
- A Partnership for Georgia Energy Cities – Through a new and innovative strategic alliance, cities have garnered new support to elevate economic and community development in their communities and the state.
- Rivian Puts Georgia on the Map – Rivian invested in a $5 billion assembly plant and battery factory, making our state a tour de force in the EV industry.
- Expanding the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem – Expanding the entrepreneurship ecosystem is an ongoing initiative thriving across our state among our higher education institutions, chambers of commerce, and other state partners that want to grow Georgia start-ups.