08 Jun 2023
Woory to Open EV Parts Manufacturing, R&D Facility in Laurens County
- The facility will create more than 130 new jobs and an estimated $18 million in investment in Dublin-Laurens County.
- “We’re proud to welcome Woory Industrial as the latest job creator to help us on the path to becoming the e-mobility capital of the nation,” said Governor Brian Kemp.
07 Jun 2023
Automotive Supplier Grudem to Bring 65 Jobs with Over $5M Investment in Manufacturing Facility
- GRUDEM, an OEM supplier specializing in honeycomb material primarily used in the automotive industry, is expanding to its first U.S. manufacturing facility in Albany, GA, this summer.
- Albany is an excellent location for companies that supply the growing automotive industry in the southeast, and we look forward to helping Grudem grow its American footprint.
02 Jun 2023
New GIS Analyst and Research Analyst Join ECG’s Economic Development Technical Solutions Team
ECG’s Office of Economic and Community Development welcomes new team members, Morgan Ferguson, Research Analyst, and Jon McBrayer, our GIS Analyst. At ECG, we value the significance of a capable and varied team, recognizing the ever-evolving landscape of economic development. We are confident that they will bring innovative ideas and fresh perspectives to support the growth of our Georgia Energy Cities.
01 Jun 2023
Grants & Funding Opportunities | June 2023
This month, ECG’s Office of Economic & Community Development has put together grants and funding opportunities to assist communities in obtaining essential resources for advancing existing industries and attracting new businesses. Below are some funding options that may be relevant to your specific needs. Our highlighted offering is from the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) Equity Fund – Rural Workforce Housing Initiative.
15 May 2023
Anovion Technologies to Create Over 400 Jobs in Bainbridge, Invest $800M in Manufacturing Facility
- Anovion, a climate tech-driven advanced materials company, is one of the first qualified U.S. suppliers of synthetic graphite anode materials for use in e-mobility applications.
- Anovion’s new 1,500,000-square-foot facility with its proprietary furnace technologies, located at Downrange Industrial Park in Bainbridge, will be the first of its size and scale in North America.