30 Jan 2023
fyi – GA’s Energy Cities at Work
- A Partnership for Georgia Energy Cities – Through a new and innovative strategic alliance, cities have garnered new support to elevate economic and community development in their communities and the state.
- Rivian Puts Georgia on the Map – Rivian invested in a $5 billion assembly plant and battery factory, making our state a tour de force in the EV industry.
- Expanding the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem – Expanding the entrepreneurship ecosystem is an ongoing initiative thriving across our state among our higher education institutions, chambers of commerce, and other state partners that want to grow Georgia start-ups.
20 Jan 2022
- Education Synergy for Georgia’s Economy – Griffin Region College and Career Academy, 2019’s Academy of the Year is a great example of how institutions bridge student life and work life.
- City of Camilla Gets Strategic with EDGE – Following completion of the EDGE workshops, the staff and city council were ready to build a five-year strategic plan.
- A Goliath Chooses ECG Cities Again and Again – SKC Inc., an-nounced an unprecedented venture on the original Covington footprint. With an investment of more than $473 million.
07 Jan 2021
In a year unlike any other, I could not be more proud of the Peach State or the hardworking Georgians who call it home. Businesses and Georgians alike have confronted immense and unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and have once again proven why Georgia remains the No. 1 state to do business. This year, both Site Selection magazine and Area Development magazine recognized Georgia as the top state for business – the eighth and seventh year respectively, both publications have awarded us the top ranking.
16 Jan 2020
Albany , GA – Hotel to Hotel, Again
Developers are planning to return Albany’s historic Hotel Gordon into a mixed-use development project that will include both a boutique hotel and a data center. The bottom floors are a state-of-the-art blockchain transaction confirmation operation, using specialized servers to process and validate third party blockchain financial transactions.