15 Nov 2022
Electric Vertical Aircraft Manufacturing Company Archer to Create 1,000 Jobs in Covington
- Archer Aviation Inc., an aerospace company advancing sustainable urban air mobility, will invest $118 million over 10 years in a new state-of-the-art electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft (eVTOL) manufacturing facility.
- The new facility will be located facility located alongside the Covington Municipal Airport in Newton County.
15 Nov 2022
Supplemental Funding & Resources for Entrepreneurs
Recently, Area Development magazine named Georgia the No. 1 state for business for the ninth consecutive year, a distinction no other state has earned.
With Georgia continuing to attract successful companies thanks to its pro-business environment, our team of experts works with our #GAEnergyCities, communities, and its leadership to put our resources and years of local experience to work for you.
11 Nov 2022
Battery Manufacturer to Invest $2.57B, Create Over 700 Jobs in Coweta County
- FREYR Battery, a developer of clean, next-generation battery cell production capacity, will create 723 new jobs over the next seven years in Coweta County.
- The new facility will be located at the Bridgeport Industrial Park site, will use U.S.-based 24M Technologies to simplify the production process and increase manufacturing efficiency.
10 Nov 2022
Can those entering the workforce for the first time keep pace with retirements?
- This year, 4,222,594 people in the United States and 148,682 people in Georgia turned or will turn 16
- In 2020, 3.2 million Baby Boomers retired in the United States
01 Nov 2022
Grants & Funding Opportunities | November 2022
Take advantage of the grants and funding resources assembled by our Office of Economic & Community Development each month that may be relevant to your needs. For this new month, we highlight funding from The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s grant program.