26 Oct 2022
Gov. Kemp, Hyundai Motor Group Execs Break Ground at Georgia’s Bryan County Megasite
- Hyundai Motor Group (HMG), officially broke ground for its new manufacturing plant at the Bryan County Megasite.
- The new smart factory is expected to begin commercial production in the first half of 2025, creating more than 8,100 jobs as it establishes a stable supply chain for EV battery and associated components in the U.S. market.
13 Oct 2022
ECG Hires New Talent to Expand Industrial Development Team
The Economic and Community Development Office at ECG, is strengthening its mission to provide ample resources for our Georgia Energy Cities, serving as a single point of contact to provide both timely and effective statewide industrial site selection assistance. It is with this in mind that we welcome two new faces.
06 Oct 2022
Grants & Funding Opportunities | October 2022
Take advantage of the grants and funding resources assembled by our Office of Economic & Community Development each month that may be relevant to your needs. For the month of October, we share information highlighting funding from The Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) CHIP program.
30 Sep 2022
Georgia Named No. 1 for Business for Unprecedented 9th Year
- Georgia has been named by Area Development magazine as the No. 1 state for business for the ninth consecutive year. No other state has earned this distinction for so many years.
- “Thanks to our world-class infrastructure, award-winning workforce training programs, pro-business environment, and most of all our hardworking Georgians, the Peach State is a national leader in the assets job creators look for when deciding where to start, grow, and sustain a thriving business,” said Governor Kemp.
15 Sep 2022
Global Agriscience Manufacturer to Invest $35M in Jasper County
- Profile Products, a global agriscience technology company specializing in the research, development, and manufacturing of highly engineered, specialty materials designed to enhance and protect the natural environment, will invest nearly $35 million, creating 80 new jobs.