SVP & Chief External Officer
External Affairs & Economic Development
Since 2002 Daryl and his team at ECG have worked closely with the ECG member communities across a variety of aspects that include business recruitment, best practices in community development, strategic planning, impact studies, market analyses, financial modeling and community marketing strategies. Daryl’s ability to present highly technical topics in a clear and concise manner has assisted community leaders across Georgia to formalize targeted and inclusive growth strategies that result in capital investments that support demand for community enterprise systems.
At ECG, Daryl is responsible for high-level oversight, planning and formulation for ECG External Affairs initiatives. He maximizes the organization’s objectives and well-being through external relations and advocacies that positively impact ECG communities.
He serves as a primary liaison with state and local leaders including the governor and administration, legislators, regulators, and agency officials related to the organization’s legislative, regulatory and economic and community development efforts.
Daryl is responsible for the organization’s economic and community development strategy for the recruitment of new businesses to ECG communities and the State of Georgia.
As a native of Georgia, Daryl has a long history of being actively involved in Georgia’s utility industry. Prior to his employment with ECG, Daryl served as the Managing Director of Economic Development for MEAG Power. Prior to MEAG Power, Daryl served as Electric Director at the City of Cartersville. His responsibilities included the direction and financial oversight of the municipality’s 90MW electrical distribution system and OC12 SONET fiber optic system.
Business Affiliations | Member:
- Board of Directors Adviser, State of Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Executive Committee (Treasurer), Georgia Allies Corporation (Public-Private Marketing Organization)
- Board of Directors, Georgia Academy of Economic Development
- Board of Directors, Georgia Wildlife Federation
- Board of Advisors, Georgia Community Reinvestment Fund, Inc.
- Chairman Georgia Chamber of Commerce Georgia Quail Hunt
- Chairman Georgia Chamber of Commerce Red Carpet Tour (2009)
- Board of Directors, Georgia Economic Developers Association
- Board of Directors, British American Business Group
- Board of Directors, Korean US Southeast Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Advisors, Georgia Quick Start
- MEAG Telecommunications Committee (Vice Chairman)
- Board of Directors, Georgia Public Web
- Advisory Board, Great Promise Partnership
- Industrial Asset Management Council (IAMC)
- Southeastern Economic Development Council (SEDC)
- International Economic Development Council (IEDC)