28 Jun 2022
16 Jun 2022
- The Middle Georgia Megasite purchase is in partnership with the State of Georgia and the Development Authority of Peach County. The site includes four parcels of land, of which approximately 1,100 acres are developable .
- The purchase will be made using proceeds from the sale of the Chatham County Economic Development Site, which was purchased by Amazon in 2021 for a new major distribution facility.
14 Jun 2022
- 80 Acres Farms, an industry-leading vertical farming company, will create 150 new jobs, and a $120 million investment in Covington, Georgia.
- Its super-efficient vertical farms produce up to 300 times as much food per square foot as traditional farms, using 95 percent less water per pound of produce and minimizing food miles and waste.
01 Jun 2022
Each month, ECG’s Office of Economic & Community Development assembles available opportunities in grants and funding relevant to your needs. As summer is around the corner we highlight an offering by the Fox Theatre Institute Preservation Grant Program. We continue to share information about additional funding opportunities throughout the year.
20 May 2022
- Hyundai Motor Group (HMG, or “the Group”) will open a state-of-the-art U.S. smart factory at the Bryan County Megasite.
- Non-affiliated Hyundai Motor Group suppliers will invest approximately another $1 billion in the project, delivering approximately 8,100 new jobs to Georgia’s coastal region.