14 Jun 2022
- 80 Acres Farms, an industry-leading vertical farming company, will create 150 new jobs, and a $120 million investment in Covington, Georgia.
- Its super-efficient vertical farms produce up to 300 times as much food per square foot as traditional farms, using 95 percent less water per pound of produce and minimizing food miles and waste.
01 Jun 2022
Each month, ECG’s Office of Economic & Community Development assembles available opportunities in grants and funding relevant to your needs. As summer is around the corner we highlight an offering by the Fox Theatre Institute Preservation Grant Program. We continue to share information about additional funding opportunities throughout the year.
20 May 2022
- Hyundai Motor Group (HMG, or “the Group”) will open a state-of-the-art U.S. smart factory at the Bryan County Megasite.
- Non-affiliated Hyundai Motor Group suppliers will invest approximately another $1 billion in the project, delivering approximately 8,100 new jobs to Georgia’s coastal region.
20 May 2022
We are right in the middle of Spring! As expected, Economic Development is always top of mind for us, finding us at the Georgia Economic Developers Association’s Spring Workshop at Jekyll Island. ECG joins State and utility partners to share information on the latest programs and tools available in research, engineering, GIS, and more.
13 May 2022
- The $205 million investment in a new distribution facility in Jackson, Georgia, will be more than 1 million square feet once completed.
- The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) specializes in a wide range of personal healthcare and hygiene products. P&G also operates a manufacturing facility in Albany and a distribution center outside Atlanta.