16 Jun 2022
- The Middle Georgia Megasite purchase is in partnership with the State of Georgia and the Development Authority of Peach County. The site includes four parcels of land, of which approximately 1,100 acres are developable .
- The purchase will be made using proceeds from the sale of the Chatham County Economic Development Site, which was purchased by Amazon in 2021 for a new major distribution facility.
14 Jun 2022
- 80 Acres Farms, an industry-leading vertical farming company, will create 150 new jobs, and a $120 million investment in Covington, Georgia.
- Its super-efficient vertical farms produce up to 300 times as much food per square foot as traditional farms, using 95 percent less water per pound of produce and minimizing food miles and waste.
20 May 2022
- Hyundai Motor Group (HMG, or “the Group”) will open a state-of-the-art U.S. smart factory at the Bryan County Megasite.
- Non-affiliated Hyundai Motor Group suppliers will invest approximately another $1 billion in the project, delivering approximately 8,100 new jobs to Georgia’s coastal region.
13 May 2022
- The $205 million investment in a new distribution facility in Jackson, Georgia, will be more than 1 million square feet once completed.
- The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) specializes in a wide range of personal healthcare and hygiene products. P&G also operates a manufacturing facility in Albany and a distribution center outside Atlanta.
05 May 2022
- MANA which produces ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) to fight global malnutrition, celebrated breaking ground on an expansion of their Ben Hill County facility, with more than $36 million in investment.
- “It’s great to see the amazing work done by hardworking Georgians in Ben Hill County,” said Governor Kemp.