23 Feb 2023
Idea Nuova Inc. to Invest $19 Million in Screven County
- Idea Nuova, Inc., through its subsidiary American Home Manufacturing, will invest over $19 million in a new manufacturing and distribution facility in Sylvania, creating an estimated 80 new jobs.
- Headquartered in New York City, Idea Nuova designs, sources, manufactures, and markets premium home textiles and furnishings. The 400,000-square-foot facility is strategically located to service Idea Nuova’s customers in the Southeast.
31 Jan 2023
SK Battery America Exceeds Hiring Goal, On Track to Reach 3,000 Workers
- SK Battery America (SKBA) has exceeded its hiring goal of 2,600 employees two years ahead of schedule for its two lithium-ion battery manufacturing facilities in Commerce, Georgia.
- The company announced its first project in Georgia in 2018, with an initial planned investment of $1.6 billion. Since 2019, the company has invested $2.6 billion to build two battery manufacturing facilities supplying electric vehicles.
27 Jan 2023
Sustainable Building Materials Company to Invest $59 Million in Upson County
- Green Georgia LLC will create over 170 jobs at the company’s new headquarters in Thomaston and invest $59 million in the facility.
- Green Georgia is an eco-friendly building solutions company that will design and manufacture low-carbon materials used to create prefabricated buildings for a variety of structures, including sustainable factories.
27 Jan 2023
Grants & Funding Opportunities | February 2023
ECG’s Office of Economic & Community Development assembles available opportunities for grants and funding. Each month we share information about additional funding opportunities that may be relevant to your needs. Our highlighted offering from this month is from The University of Georgia Archway Partnership.
09 Dec 2022
Hyundai Motor Group and SK On To Build EV Battery Facility in Bartow County
- SK On have selected a site in Bartow County for a new electric vehicle (EV) battery manufacturing facility that will supply Hyundai Motor Group’s plants in the U.S.
- This partnership will create more than 3,500 new jobs through approximately $4-5 billion of investment in Bartow County.