West Point Technology Park
- The site is a 10-acre greenfield site located in the West Point Technology Park off Interstate 85 in Troup County Georgia.
- The city of West Point is conveniently located within 45 miles of major markets including Atlanta, GA, Columbus, GA and Auburn AL.
- The park is home to established industrial businesses, with the site located at the far end therefore isolated from major road thoroughfare and traffic.
- The property is controlled by the West Point Development Authority which can offer companies local incentives such as property tax abatements and financing options for sale or lease of land and constructed building.
- There are no covenant restrictions related to data center construction or equipment.
- Average yearly temperatures are around 60 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing for free cooling options
- The city of West Point provides complete utility services to this site – including electric, gas, water/sewer and telecommunications.
- This site is eligible for a one-time customer choice on electrical service from potential providers including the city of West Point, Diverse Power/Touchstone Energy, and Georgia Power.
- The site is serviced by 115 kV transmission lines a 115/12 kV, 22.4 MVA transformer capacity – which could service as a single-source supply up to 20 MW through a dedicated distribution circuit.
- For dual-feed options up to 75 MW through additional infrastructure; time frame to completion roughly 12-18 months.
- The city has an active 4” gas main serving the park, along with an 8” water main and 12” wastewater line.
- City of West Point telecommunication services are on-site; fiber is connected to major long-haul Georgia IT arteries and corridors; private providers are in close proximity to serve as redundant carriers including WOW! Business and Charter Spectrum Business.
- City of West Point provides police and fire protection (fire rating – 4) for the West Point Technology Park; both police and fire stations within 2 miles of site.
- West Point and Troup County face little risk of natural disasters, with no earthquakes on record and low tornado activity (2 between 1995 and 2009).
Education and Labor
- Troup County, Georgia currently offers a labor force of over 36,000, with over 125,000 living within a 30-minute drive time to the site.
- Situated between the Atlanta and Columbus, GA MSAs, West Point has access to over 100,000 people employed in occupations vital to data hosting and processing.
- West Point sits strategically between and in close proximity to two major public universities – Auburn University and Columbus State University
- Four Georgia technical colleges are within a 40-mile distance to the site.
Demographic and Site Information