1888 Mill Site
- The site is an approximate 10-acre tract of land located in the city of Griffin and Spalding County, GA.
- Griffin is located 45 miles south of Atlanta, in close proximity to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- The site is situated next to a retention pond on one side and two-lane roads at the other. Several light industrial operations are in the site’s vicinity.
- Both the state, the city and the Griffin-Spalding Development Authority may offer statutory and discretionary incentives based on the size and scope of the project.
- There is no covenant restrictions related to data center construction or equipment.
- Average yearly temperatures are around 62 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing for free cooling options.
- The city of Griffin provides complete utility services to this site – including electrical, gas, water/sewer and telecommunications.
- This site is eligible for a one-time customer choice on electrical service from potential providers including the city of Griffin, Georgia Power and Central Georgia EMC.
- The site is serviced by 115 kV transmission lines and a 115/12 kV, 25 MVA transformer capacity at the nearest substation – which could service as a single-source supply up to 8 MVA through a dedicated distribution circuit.
- Existing transmission and substation infrastructure can provide redundant feeds of up to 8 MVA.
- The city has an active 4” gas main serving the area, along with a 12” water main and 10” wastewater line.
- City of Griffin telecommunications services are near the site; fiber is connected to major long-haul Georgia IT arteries and corridors; private providers are in close proximity to serve as redundant carriers including the City of Griffin Utilities, AT&T, Comcast, and MegaPath.
- Both the city and county provide police and fire protection (fire rating – 5) for the site; both police and fire stations are within 8 miles of site.
- Griffin and Spalding County face little risk of natural disasters with low tornado activity.
- Spalding County has a workforce of almost 30,000 – and over 260,000 people live within a 30-minute drive time.
- Southern Crescent Technical College and the Griffin campus of the University of Georgia are both nearby the site and within the county.